Source: CBU Athletics
Sydney, NS - On a night which featured Alison Keough (Marion Bridge, NS) being honoured before the game for being the top scorer in CBU history and top rebounder in AUS history, she continued her dominance by leading the Cape Breton University CAPERS to a 20 point win over the Dalhousie Tigers. Final score 83-63. Keough finished with 28 points and 15 rebounds. For the Tigers, their leading scorer in the game was Michele Tchiakoua (Yaounde, Cameroon) with 15 points.
Turning point - The CAPERS started the game fast, opening up with a 10-2 run. The Tigers were able to keep the game competitive for most of the game, but it was that fast start that helped the CAPERS keep the lead throughout the entirety of the game.
- To go along with her 28 points and 15 rebounds, Keough had a pair of assists, steals and blocks.
- Hannah Brown (North Sydney, NS) also had a strong game for the CAPERS, scoring 15 points and was a rebound a shy of a double-double.
- Two players scored double digits for the visiting Tigers. Tchiakoua with 15 points and Robertha Charles (Montreal, QC) with 12 points.
News & Notes
- The Subway Player of the Game was Alison Keough.
- The Tigers with the loss are now 5-10 on the season.
- The CAPERS with the win move to 9-6 this season with 5 games left in the regular season.
- The CAPERS will hit the road for a rematch, as they are scheduled to play the Tigers again next weekend, Friday the 9th, at 6pm.
- The CAPERS will return to the Sullivan Field House to close out the regular season Friday the 23rd, when they host the Acadia. Tip-off will be at 6pm.